Sunday, September 8, 2013

My first week in my new chapter

Tomorrow is my first day of my new chapter. My last day at work was Friday, even though originally it was to be Wednesday. Long story, just as interesting as my quitting story. 

I have so much in my mind.

I am simultaneously thrilled and terrified of the chapter ahead of me. And of course, I spent the last two hours talking out "the plan" for this new chapter.

First, I made a list of ToDo during my time at home:
-go to a Mommy and Me class (if fun, repeat)
- go to the gym with my other friend who had a one year old boy AND utilize the daycare at the gym
-cook delicious and interesting dinners (goodbye spaghetti and takeout)
-read a book (title undetermined)
-sell some junk
-try to do art with Bradley 
-get Bradley to eat some meat that isn't hot dogs or sausage or bacon
-condense to only one purse
-eat more fruit
-take more baby pictures
-not watch the clock

I'm excited. I really am. A whole new thing. And this thing is my baby! My family! My home. It's now number one. I feel empowered, a blank slate and a whole new effort towards my personal life. 

Yahoooooooo!

Side note: Bryan and I had a state of the union chat tonight, and we've got two challenges. 1) Only 7 criticisms allowed all week (one of us uses too many...hmmm which one?) and 2) If it doesn't matter, don't say anything. 

And since both were directed at fixing issues, I added a third one: 3) Find the fun. With no job, I will need to refocus. Let me find the fun, find the moments.

This is a new chapter! Chapter Family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment