Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Just a regular Wednesday where I quit my job.

I took this picture right before I went in to double check the facts regarding my job. I was hopeful. I needed an answer. I got the answer.

Last night, I decided to quit my job. This morning I told my supervisor, then emailed the appropriate offices, and told my coworkers.

Simple as that really: I quit.

People had many reactions, and I'm not ready to explain to everyone. It was definitely the right decision, and I think it's perfect timing. If you believe in an omnipotent clock as I do, you know what I mean when I say, I knew this was all part of the plan.

Aaaaaaaaand, since I just decided last night to quit, I have no idea what will happen.

I have no job lined up.
I have no real plan.

I just know I'll be home with Bradley. This will be an all new chapter, a new challenge, a new fun time. 

And I'll be focused on my husband, my home, my chores and myself. 

Of course, I'm seeing this through pintrest lenses, and this is a peek into my dreams for this next chapter:
I'm waking up early to make breakfast for Bryan before work but also Bradley's big morning snack of blueberries and Cheerios. And now that I have time, I'll put the blueberries in a smiley face.

I have ample time to go to the gym once a day for a quick cardio blast so I get my sexy back.

Also, there's still time to go to my Chinese 101 class. I'm fluent by Christmas.

My husband loves how clean the house is and how always for dinner I'm trying out something that's #healthy #affordable #quick #bacon. And after dinner, I pick up all the dishes and wash them right then.

Bradley starts walking (his little steps a month ago were a one time moment) in front on me and talking in sentences. All because his smart smart mom taught him. 

I read books again. Fiction. Real stories and beautiful writing. I read outside with a paperback with Bradley playing with blocks in the grass. 

I sell all the junk that's taking up our garage. All the money gets spent on cute tubs to organize what's left into a perfect little closet.

Oh, and I'm fit back into size 4 stuff and look fit and I see myself in the mirror and I'm  like, Ooooh.

--------

That was really fun to write. Probably therapeutic.

I can't write about my life in three weeks because I don't know what it will be like. I'm going home, quitting, not working, not searching for work, staying home with my son, trying to catch up on the home.

I'm excited for a new time. I'm also dying for some change. Here we go. 


No comments:

Post a Comment