Friday, August 16, 2013

All my maternity and nursing items are gone.

I got rid of my maternity dresses, tshirts and pants about six weeks post baby. I lived in yoga clothes for the last part of maternity leave, but when I went back, I wore four inch heels and a skirt (not maternity).

I didn't realize I would be successful breastfeeding, so my two maternity pajamas stayed. And then I bought a nursing top. Or two. Or four. And since I've continued for one year, I needed them.

But now, I'm only nursing in the mornings but it's more about Bradley not wanting to wake up quickly and rocking and singing and snuggles. And I nurse again for a few quick, squirmy minutes after work, and that's it.

I have an international trip coming up in three weeks. Bradley isn't coming.

So the day of weaning is fast approaching. I have so many different feelings about my first year of motherhood and ending breastfeeding will really end the baby chapter.


It's time. It's coming. I'm ready...I think.

So tonight, I packed up all nursing bras, pajamas and tanks and put them in a maternity box in the garage.

Here we go...

Chapter Six: Little Boo Radley

No comments:

Post a Comment