Sunday, August 19, 2012

A Day in Our New Life

This is a typical day when both Bryan and I are home, Saturday, August 25.

Friday, August 24
9:30pm Start bedtime routine: feed on both breasts, change diaper, put on footsie pajamas, Bryan reads two books, bradley lays down at 9:50. We start watching a movie and Bryan has some drinks. I'm waiting.

10:10pm Bradley wakes up crying. I swaddle him and feed him some more and put him back down. We resume our movies.

10:25pm Bradley wakes up, and Bryan tries to soothe him. He's screaming for five minutes, and I go help. He stops crying in my arms, we change his diaper. I feed him again and put him down swaddled, finally at 11:05pm.

We return to our movie, and I pour a half glass of wine.

Saturday, August 25
2:10am Bradley wakes and we turn off the tv. I feed him on both breasts, change his diaper and have him asleep by 2:40. Bryan and I go to bed.

4:30am Bradley starts making sucking noises, and I pick him up before he's screaming. I feed him on both sides and change his diaper. I sing a song and put him back in his crib asleep by 5:05.

6:50am Bradley wakes and starts grunting. I hear him before he screams and grab him. I have to change his clothes, blanket and diaper because he's leaked. I feed him on both sides, and he's asleep in his crib by 7:30.

8:14am Bradley wakes up screaming and has spit up. I feel guilty for forgetting to burp him. I feed him just a little. I wake Bryan to help change sheets and change the diaper while I grab a milk bar before I bite someone's head off from hunger.

We give up on the crib since he's super awake and put him in the bouncer and move it to our room so we can sleep more. Bryan is on duty of Bradley screams.

We all fall asleep somewhere in tere.

10:00am Bradley's screams wake us. Bryan changes his diaper, I feed him and we all hang out and talk bout the house.

12:45pm We change his diaper, and I feed him for a big feeding on both sides. He then has naked time for an hour with Bryan while I shower, lotion up and lay down. They sing Cake songs which I hear from the bed. It's adorable.

Bryan gets pooped on, and I take over so he can shower. I make some Italian sandwiches for lunch. Bradley watches us eat from his bouncer.

2:47pm Bradley is still awake, and we play with him. He's starting to like toys. I feed him, Bryan changes him and the little dude naps.

3:30pm We decide we are both hungry and like old people, we start making dinner. I make steak with mashed potatoes and roasted squash while Bradley sleeps and Bryan holds him.

4:00pm Right when dinner is ready, Bradley wakes screaming for food. I feed him while I watch Bryan enjoy the hot delicious dinner I just made. I eat next.

5:00pm Bradley wakes to scream for more food which is fine since I didn't spend too much time feeding him last time because I wanted to eat. We change him. And then we all three take a nap.

7:05pm Bradley cries us awake, and Bryan soothes him so I can sleep another ten. He changes him, then I feed him. He falls asleep again, and Bryan makes chocolate chip cookies.

9:00pm Bryan feeds Bradley his first bottle of pumped milk. Bradley hates it initially but soon devours it. Then is still hungry. I feed him for ten minutes. We Skype Bryan's mom since bradley is so alert. We show her his newest trick o almost crawling (or just pushing up to his knees from his belly). He gets hungry again, so I feed him again.

10:00pm We take him to his room, put on footie pajamas, change his diaper and read him two books. He falls asleep in my arms and we lay him in his crib. We are back out in the living room by 10:25 enjoying our own twosome.

No comments:

Post a Comment