Total weight gain: 9 pounds. I am scared for that number to hit double digits.
Sleep: Doing great. Not really waking up in the middle of the night to pee which I hear is rare. Hoping this continues!
Maternity Clothes: I'm in 'em. Everything I packed for my China trip is maternity wear. Thankfully, I have mostly work maternity clothes. I only have jeans and two tees that comprise my casual maternity wear. I consider Toms to be maternity shoes because of the comfort, lack of laces and ability to stretch over swollen feet.
Food cravings: Nothing really. I've been agreeable, and I can eat anything.
Food aversions: None really. I'm eating anything. I hope this continues for my trip!
Symptoms I have:
CLUMSINESS - I stub my toes on everything, drop anything that is in my hands for more than a minute and bump into tables, doors, people, plants, everything.
URGE TO CLEAN - I have been re-organizing and scrubbing and moving furniture and planning the changes in our house like crazy. I re-arranged two rooms, scrubbed both bathrooms, organized at least ten drawers, hung everything on hangers. This is not me!
Stretchmarks: None yet. I'm applying lotion daily.
Doctor’s Appointment: None this week. Ultrasound next week!
Movement: Feeling the baby at least once a day. The movements are pretty chill, very light. I have a funny story about my moving baby:
At the mall on Saturday, I had a sample truffle from Godiva and within minutes started feeling the baby moving like crazy! My baby doesn't normally move so quickly, so it was shocking and interesting. I tell Bryan, "My baby loves truffles!" To which he responds, "I think she just loves sugar. Think about what else you've eaten recently." He points to the blue slurpee that we're sharing from Auntie Anne's. Then I remember, in addition to the slurpee, I alsoate the 95%split a cinnamon sugar pretzel and a few samples of sour coke bottles (DELICIOUS)from the candy shop. Whoopsie. I immediately consumed some water, so my poor baby didn't freak out. Eventually, he called down, and I've remembered that, Oh yea, my baby eats everything I eat, and I shouldn't sugar-binge. Lesson learned!
Gender: Just one week. I can barely handle the anticipation! I'm glad I'll be in China, so my mind is off of it. Then when I return, I find out right away!
Best moment of the week: buying my sweet new weekender bag. Last time I travelled internationally, I had my small messenger bag, and I couldn't fit my camera, wallet, phones and papers without stuffing it in there (which looked totally lame). I will easily be able to fit everything (and more) in my bag. It'll be great for my carry-on, great for sightseeing, great for business meetings, great for everything. I'm lucky that Bryan understands my needs ;)
What I’m looking forward to: My China trip! I'm currently on my way!
What I miss: alcohol. I want wine, mixed drinks, a beer, a shot. I'm so ready for my first drink post-baby!
What I've bought this week for baby: Nothing for baby, but I got a dress and some Toms which are pregnancy purchases. I imagine that in two weeks, I will have quite the baby purchases! I can't wait to know if my baby is a he or she!
I hope that my China trip will be a good one, even with my pregnancy. I'm not that big, and I don't think I'll be uncomfortable. I'm worried about my feet swelling, but I plan to get up and walk every hour. I plan to take lots of pictures and tell my little one about his first trip to China.

No comments:
Post a Comment