When I wrote this, I was sure that we'd wait another two or three years before having kids. I was sure that I would grow into my library job and that I would learn to love Oklahoma.
Now 17 months later, my life is very different. I am pregnant. I didn't fall in love with Oklahoma, but I have grown to like my little life here with Bryan. I have the best job where I'm challenged and paid to recruit around the world. And Bryan's mom's cancer is back.
Let's re-visit the Cradle List:
Travel Italy to try wines, see Roman history and eat authentic Italian food - NOT YET, planned for our 5 year anniversaryI guess we did pretty well. The two big trips never happened, and when we discussed trying for a baby, we talked about it. I really did want to go to Italy before we had a baby, but now we're going to do it after the baby for our five year anniversary. At some point, we'll have to get crazy in Vegas. Have to.
Be ready to give up a bedroom
Go crazy in Vegas - NOT YET, move to Bucket List
Have a sweet place
Buy a brand new safe car fit for a family
Set some money aside for the baby's gear
Stop feeling the need to sleep in or stay up late with friends - this will probably never happen
Read a book about babies
We're about to shift from being an awesome two person family to being an awesome hope-we-figure-this-out three person family. It's scary, but I'm feeling more prepared. We've got stable jobs, a house, money in the bank, a safe car and plans for the future. And what's more our baby will meet both grandmothers. That's awesome to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment