Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year, New Me

2011 was quite a hot mess. I had a definite highlight (my birthday in Philadelphia) and some certain disappointments (mostly Bryan's mom's cancer returning). I am happy to put the last year behind us.

2012, you're my year. I'm already in love with this year. All my favorite years are even years: in 2006, I started dating Bryan and fell in love more passionate than anything I've ever experienced. In 2008, I graduated (with honors, yo), turned 21, accepted a comedy teaching job with DSI, performed like crazy and married my true love. In 2010, we had the best summer ever traveling to see all our friends all over the East Coast and we started a new life in Oklahoma in a "cute small" town. 2012, you're gonna be awesome. I know it!

I made some resolutions last year:
Be Nice and Don't Fart.

I was halfway successful. I didn't fart more than five times all year (that anyone could hear), and I'll continue to make this a life choice. How polite of me!

Being nice is harder for me. I'm not a mean person, but I find insults hilarious. It's probably too much Chelsea Handler, but I think a rude comment with a little language is funny. Maybe it's not. I'll try again this year. I did do a good job treating friends to lunches this year - and presents. If gifts count as being nice, I did it! If insults count as being mean, maybe not.


2012 New Years ResolutionsBE NICE: Treat each person as if they were the most important person to me. Treat Bryan like my true love. Smile at strangers. Buy lunches for friends. Hold my tongue during gossipy moments.

COOK MORE: I cook fairly often, probably about three to four times a week. I'd like to do more than that. I want to cook more nights than we go out or pick up takeout. Feed ourselves healthy, wholesome, homemade food. With my new pintrest addiction and Anne's Eats, I know I'll have no shortage of recipe options.

Welcome, 2012! I'm so happy you're here.

Oh, and Bryan has interviews this week in Chicago. Wish him luck! We could be moving to FLORIDA! Or New York!

No comments:

Post a Comment