Life has been pretty crazy, but one thing that makes me smile more and more each day is my baby.
I had Bryan start taking pictures two weeks ago because I wanted the pictures to look at later. My 10 week picture I was so bloated and uncomfortable, though proud of my even larger than normal breasts. My 11 week picture, I'm actually wearing maternity pants and shirt hence the baggy nature of the shirt. My 12 week picture was this morning. I feel great, and this week I've been in a really good mood in the mornings.
I'm starting to feel less bloated and have less food aversions. My pregnancy has been pretty easy so far. I've not thrown up, and even the worst nausea has just made me uncomfortable, but lying down has been able to fix it.
One of my favorite pregnancy blogs The Art of Making a Baby follows a beautiful model as she grows with child. She's 40 weeks right now, but the archives are really interesting to see her change. I like her updates, and I hope to be able to do the same for my blog.
STATS:
Baby size: plum!How far along: 12 weeks, last week of the first trimester
Total weight gain: 3 pounds. I lost two pounds this week, taking me from 5 lbs gained to just 3 lbs. I think the bloating is finally going away. My face is thinner this week than the past few weeks.
Sleep: I love sleep. I used to need naps at lunch or right after work. In fact, Bryan knew I was pregnant before I even tested because I was sleeping so much. Lately, I can make it to 11:30 without a nap. Most nights end with me laying my head in Bryan's lap while we watch something on Netflix and I fall asleep; he switches to some sci-fi show and we go to bed together when he gets tired.
Maternity Clothes: All my skinny jeans are out of the question! I can still fit into all my skirts and dresses and one pair of my straight leg jeans. Bryan gave me a pregnancy present by letting me run up a $200 shopping spree at Gap Maternity online. I bought a pair of work pants, a pair of jeans, two long sleeve tees, a work shirt, a pencil skirt and a wrap dress. I am in between normal and maternity ware.
Food cravings: salty. Gimme pretzels, Sunchips, popcorn, cheetos, tortilla chips. I love it. I ate taco salad two nights in a row because I loved the corn chips and the meat and the beans and the cheddar cheese.
Food aversions: Chicken. And anything soft or slimey.
Symptoms I have: hunger that requires snacking every two or three hours; nothing else really. I'm comfortable and feeling great.
Stretchmarks: Not yet! I'm crossing my fingers that I won't get any. I apply lotion every morning!
Doctor’s Appointment: I had one on Monday. Blood pressure was good, baby's heart rate is still good and fast (172 bpm) and my weight is right on track. I gave blood for part one of the Down's Syndrome test, and I will get results after I do the second part of the testing in four weeks.
Movement: Nothing yet, though I maybe felt something yesterday right around 4:45pm. It felt like eye twitching, but it was inside near where baby would be. I am really looking forward to feeling the baby for the first time!
Belly Button: Innie
Gender: Don't know yet. I will make my anatomy scan appointment in four weeks, and I will find out in less than six weeks if the baby cooperates. I think it's a boy, and Bryan thinks it's a girl. The winner gets an extra Christmas present this year.
Best moment of the week: Booking my flight to China in March. I'm excited about the trip, and the hotel I'm staying at is gorgeous! It will be my first time flying pregnant, and I'm lucky to be able to travel the world on the university's dime and enjoy another trip before the baby is born.
What I’m looking forward to: I'm really curious to see whether the baby is a boy or a girl. I'm also looking forward to shopping for nursery items and cute little clothes for the baby.
What I miss: Being able to enjoy a glass of wine. Or hell, a beer.
Welp. This thing is really happening. I really appreciate all the cards, gifts, calls, texts and facebook messages/comments from everyone. It certainly makes it easier to be excited when everyone else is! I'm getting more excited as the days go on. Just six months and some change until our baby is here!!

No comments:
Post a Comment