Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A New Me

I've felt a definite shift since October ended.

I'm happier, wishing for Christmas.
My Oklahoma world is quaking, flooding and tornado-ing.
The NSU comedy team had another hilarious show.
It looks like I might actually be getting a new car.

Oh, and I went to the optometrist yesterday:

He dialated my eyes, and it turns out that my right eye has been compensating for my left eye for who knows how long. And this has affected my ability to focus on signs on the highway (the real reason I went in).

So instead of getting glasses for highway driving, I've been ordered to wear my glasses all day, everyday, FOREVER.

Well, maybe not FOREVER but what feels like forever: two years! He said that in 2 years, my vision will have corrected itself. He hopes. I hope. I'm not in love with my glasses yet...but I will be. I also bought a sweet pair of hipster glasses, but they're getting the anti-reflective lenses. And then I get those, I'll turn these in for anti-reflective lenses. Eventually, in about two weeks, I will have two pairs to choose from on a daily basis for the next TWO YEARS.

No comments:

Post a Comment