My birthday is in two weeks. I've had a few less than stellar birthdays over the last five years. It just always works out that unlucky way. This year, Bryan wanted to take me to Chicago to see shows and shop. I booked a gorgeous room with a view, found a babysitter and picked which shows I wanted to see. This was my present, and I was so excited about it!
Disappointment
And now a family thing has come up on the same weekend. Despite my weekend and non-refundable deposit, we have to go. I am so disappointed. I somewhat understand the importance of this family thing (inlaw thing), but I'm incredibly disappointed that A) my birthday weekend in Chicago is now cancelled and B) I now have to spend my birthday with my inlaws.
Happiness
In spite of all the recent "drama" we have had a huge milestone: Bryan finished his first (and very difficult) semester at his new university! After grades were entered, we all went for ice cream to celebrate. I'm so happy that Bryan is off for a month now, and we will see so much more of him!
Tonight we are going to a dinner hosted by Bryan's new boss for all the junior faculty and their families. This is like my favorite thing: being the arm candy at work events. We are bringing the little guy, too, so hopefully he cooperates. I'm packing a secret stash of pretzels and blueberries to use as bribes and pacifiers! Hahaha
Aaaaaaaaaand Friday, we are having our family pictures taken! I'm really excited. I asked my friends on Instagram which dress to go with, and there's an overwhelming majority for my white dress (which I wore in last year's family pictures). I do think I need to run to the mall to buy a colorful statement necklace, though! Bradley broke my favorite necklace last week at gymnastics (maybe I shouldn't throw him in the pit if he doesn't want to go...but that's another story), so I need a new one anyway!



No comments:
Post a Comment