Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Life lately

Things have been oddly routine.

The routine of work and weekly schedule is pretty regular. Each morning, we wake between 6:45-7:30 depending on Bradley usually. If he sleeps in, we all sleep in. Bryan's alarm goes off at 6:45 and we snooze or we get up based on whether we hear little noises coming from down the hall.

We eat breakfast as a family each morning, and even though we all eat something different, it is such a great way to start the day. Bradley had milk, Cheerios and fruit. Bryan has coffee and whatever chocolate cereal is on the shelf. I have juice, water, toast and fruit.

I've started a technology regimen where I check all my social media and blogs and email before I get Bradley in the mornings, at naptime and after he goes to bed. It's been great to put my phone on the counter and not play or check anything when I'm with my kid. I'm so much more present (New Years resolution) and there's more to check on my "breaks."

I've continued working out four mornings a week, taking Tuesdays off to do the library program for toddlers. I'm impressed that I've committed to something for four months now. I've been maintaining a 13 pound weight loss and my runs are longer and easier than when I started. Bradley even enjoys the child watch, playing with the train table and coloring. After the gym, we go to the pool and splash around for at least 20 minutes. Bradley has gotten more adventurous. He used to only go up to his ankles, but now he is comfortable up to his chest. I enrolled him in swim lessons in June. I needed to know he was comfortable before I signed up for them!

Bryan is in the last week of classes, and next week is finals week. He is so relieved. It was easily his most difficult semester of his career, three new and different preps at a new university on short notice. I'm so proud of him! And the end is near!! We have a fun summer packed into the month he has in between spring and summer sessions including a trip to Chicago!! Ahh!

I haven't really known what to write lately since things are pretty regular. I should do a day in the life post, sometime. Also a Bradley update since he's changed so much from the last one. 

We're doing our thing and it's a good thing we've got going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment