It has been very difficult for Bryan. Our distance from family is usually not a big issue, but in times of family distress, it would be good to be closer. We have made the trip down and back (12 hours each way) five times with a toddler. It is an awful road trip that pales in comparison to the agony of watching a mother fall further into her disease. She's scared, she's ready, she's upset, she's confused. It truly is awful.
And because Bryan's class begins Monday, we are back to our routine. So separate from the hospice routine. I wake before both Bryan and Bradley, laying in bed reading blogs and social media. I wake Bradley and we play before bouncing into wake Bryan. We all eat breakfast and then get on with our day. Bryan goes to work and we go to play and run errands. We all come together for dinner and bedtime and then it's silence and holding hands and trying to watch comedy on tv.
This is the tragedy of our year right now. I can't imagine anything worse.


No comments:
Post a Comment