Friday, June 20, 2014

The journey home

I found a nonstop flight to the small airport near Bryan's family. It was only 1 hour 40 minutes and it couldn't have been simpler.

Well....then they had a three hour delay, turning 1.5 hours in the airport into 4.5. 

We had a few great things:
-running through terminals "so fast!"
-coloring Olaf again and again 
-eating an entire hot dog and bun!
-drinking milk 
-snacking on grapes instead of m&ms!!
-dancing for all the other passengers lined up to board

And we had some disastrous things:
-FIVE FREAKING DIRTY DIAPERS (I had only 3 in my purse, but thankfully I shoved another 5 in Bryan's backpack "just in case")
-while I'm pouring Bradley's milk into his cup, he spills my whole orange soda on the floor and while I'm cleaning that up, starts eating the ice from the floor. I get it out of his mouth and keep a leaning and he gets another one in his mouth. By this point, I'm getting so many looks and strangers are telling Bradley, "yuck!" To try to help.
-while changing dirty diaper number 4, Bradley spills his entire FULL cup of milk all over himself, his mouth, his nose, his hair, his ear, the changing table and starts choking and has milk coming out of his nose. Scared him. And of course, I didn't pack a change of shirt so I patted it dry with paper towels.

Thankfully, he slept the entire flight there, passed out in the middle seat with his legs in my lap.

Now we made it. And now Bryan and Bradley are still sleeping. I'm tempted to go downstairs and be with the family, but for now, I will stay by my husbands side for when he wakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment