Friday, June 14, 2013

I understand diets!!!!

Okay, so in a perfect vacuum of a world, I could eat as many cupcakes and fun size Hershey bars and drink as many Dr. Peppers and glasses of Sauvignon blanc and watch as many tv shows and sit as much as I wanted.

If I do this in reality, my weight creeps up on me.

But! I can dress cute and I'm short and I'm smiley so my weight isn't a very noticeable trait. Especially next to my fat baby.

As my fat baby thins and grows and becomes less a baby and more a toddler (yes, like a month away to one year), my weight is becoming more noticeable...and more prominent. Because I lost after having Bradley, plateaued and am now gaining again.


They say nine months on, nine months off, and ok ok that's great. Yes, I wish. Well, not happening here. I missed that boat, but I am not gonna miss them all. C'mon one year boat, I'm gonna try to catch you. And every pound lost is still a win.

I have my reasons for not losing. I'm still nursing. My job is crazy right now. I have no time. It's messy. It requires too much thinking. It isn't fun.

Well boo hoo.

I look fat in pictures because I am.

Well boo hoo.

Enough. Lets do something. So I made the huge leap to Weight Watchers. It costs money, but it's really fun. It's very laissez faire. You get daily points and everything costs points. Except some fruits and veggies, those are 0.

I UNDERSTAND HOW DIETS WORK NOW!

You eat delicious things like cake and soda and chips and they're so delicious so you eat so much and then you gain.

On diets, you make healthy low point meals and they're good (not amazing) and you eat until you're full because there's no sense in overrating something that is just ok.

I GET IT!

Note: on my week of Weight Watchers, I have one more day. I have 13 weekly points left and 26 daily points for tomorrow. On my last day I have a huge balance of points. Which is perfect since I'll be eating dinner at my parents' restaurant!

Note on progress: I feel skinnier (maybe it's motivation to be thinner) and good and wore dresses everyday this week. Oh, and I lost four pounds! Booyah.

Note on what I ate: a ton of watermelon, fried chicken drumsticks (without skin, well maybe a crumb or two), diet Dr. Pepper (yuck!), veggies, apples, flank steak, and chicken. And one donut (7 pp) never again!

1 comment:

  1. Alyssa, I'm on Weight Watchers too and I LOVE it. If nothing else, it makes you way more aware of what you're actually putting into your body. It's slow weight loss (at least it is for me!), but it's consistent. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete