Today, I dropped Bradley off at daycare with all the essentials and went to work. Busy but effective. I planned a lunch with a friend who also works at the university. We put on sunglasses, jumped in my car and sped off for bottomless tortilla chips and flautas.
Missing
Bryan is having an amazing time. I'm so happy for him. I miss him like crazy though. I'm creeped out at night, and the 13 hour time difference makes for just two quick Skype calls in my evenings, his morning and my morning, his evening. I am really soaking in these feelings so I can harness them for kind words and helping with chores after he returns.
Diagnosing
Twenty minutes into lunch, the daycare calls. Bradley has a rash all over his body. He needs to be picked up. I throw down my fork, call the waiter and day it's an emergency we must leave! I had barely had three bites, but I was swept up in the drama of rescuing my baby! I left cash and as we walked to the car, I realized I had to take my friend with me to get the babe. We do, drop friend off, call my boss and go to the pediatrician.
He diagnoses him with some weird thing, not strep. (HOW CAN YOU WHOOPSIE STREP THROAT A KID?) I look up the name and google doesn't give me satisfaction.
I call my friend the pediatrician and he confirms it's a real virus. Just not strep. So I'm told to stop his meds which makes me feel like an asshole for giving bradley medicine he didnt like and didnt need! Frustrating.
Now I'm rocking the boy and answering work emails from my phone. This is the chaos of a working mom with a husband away: of course the baby would get sick!



No comments:
Post a Comment