On top of that, there's a mess with a program on campus. And two students who came to me because they can't afford to eat. (heartbreaking) And I had a business lunch, so I didn't see my baby like at all yesterday. And two of my student workers skipped the weekly meeting without telling me until minutes before. And I have a doctor's appointment for today for a little lady trouble and I had to call yesterday but didn't have time until right before 5.
BUT.
But, I can choose to feel.
I can choose to love.
So this morning, I woke up an hour early. I showered, picked out my outfit, picked up the house a little and got ready. And then woke my sleeping, fat baby up so we could play. And we played. For an hour. It was a wonderful start to the morning.
And I hung out with Bryan. Instead of rushing and trying to find things and grabbing things as I dash out the door, I sat and enjoyed my family. Would I prefer to have time like this in the evenings? Sure. But that's not happening. So I'm making it happen at 7am.
My job is crazy and the workload is at times overwhelming and sometimes I want to scream or run away or freak out, but my job is awesome. I mean, really fantastic. My students have come all the way across the ocean to be here, in Oklahoma. I couldn't imagnie doing the same. Yes, the people on campus can be frustrating, but really, this is my dream job. And I should swallow my frustration and start acting like it's my dream.I can choose to love.
And I will. Deep breaths. Big hugs. Love. Love. Love.
No comments:
Post a Comment