I love food.
Clearly, in some periods of my life, I love food so much I cannot stop myself from enjoying it.
I like to cook. I like to chop. I like to bake. I like to read food blogs. I love free samples at the grocery store.
I love to eat.
My son...doesn't. I mean, he's fat so he eats. But he eats milk. And by eats I mean drinks.
Eating is tough. It's a skill. I never really thought about it. You have to learn it.
My son is learning to eat.
He's learning to taste, to swallow, to gnaw, to suck, to bite. He loves to put EVERYTHING in his mouth. It's the swallowing and actually eating that's hard.
But we're trying. We are doing purées and chunks and raw veggies and pieces of our dinner. He's learning. And trying. And still nursing. I'm ready to stop. But I can't without knowing he can eat some real food!
Luckily, tonight he liked peaches. Or at least tolerated them. And let me take pictures!


Alyssa, I love reading your blog and seeing the adorable pictures of Bradley. I also show the photos to my roommate, who said that it's a good thing we don't live close to you guys because she would be tempted to kidnap him. :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Regina!! I'm glad you like reading and seeing Bradley grow up. Don't you steal my fat baby: I'll find you!!
ReplyDelete