
the bills: today I ran the bills for the last time. I'll miss seeing what patrons have checked out, and I'll miss signing my name on the bills.
the head counts: I love walking around the library and seeing where all our patrons are and what they're doing. It's fun to see what books get left out, and what notes are left behind after hours of studying.
my coworkers: I've met two of my best friends here, and my other coworkers are great to work with, too. They're a fun bunch of Oklahomans who know how to have fun at work.

my students: they are gone for the summer, but I have really enjoyed working with and mentoring my student staff. I've learned a lot about myself and how to be better in my one year with them.

putting books back on the shelves: it took me awhile to enjoy this task, mostly because I didn't have to do it often, but I actually really enjoy putting books in order and shelving them flush against the shelf.
reading: never before have I had a job where I was paid to read. I could flip through magazines, read blogs, reread Faulkner, start up on Plath or finish Atlas Shrugged. I really will miss this.
the books: I am surrounded by books. Old books, new books, returned books, found books, donated books, books needing to be shelved, books needing mending, books needing processing, books needing me, books on my desk, books on shelves, books on trucks, books on children. It's really some kind of heaven to be immersed in stacks of books.

the parties: each month we would dress up and party.


No comments:
Post a Comment