Saturday, June 11, 2011

Introducing NSU's International Student Recruiter

Starting June 20, I will be Northeastern State University's International Student Recruiter. My new job will provide me with opportunities to travel abroad, to learn new languages and to be paid to communicate. I'll speak at high schools, attend college fairs, conduct enrollment presentations and introduce international students to the helpful staff at NSU.

The university is growing its International Programs with hopes of increasing enrollment of international students and opening up avenues for study abroad opportunities for NSU students. This is a brand new position, and I have the awesome chance to be the first one to do this! I'll pave the way, and I'll try to meet the numbers that the Provost wants.

I'm really looking forward to my trips to China, Thailand and wherever else NSU wants to send me. I'm excited about talking to high schoolers and getting them to want to study in America. I can't wait to start designing promotional material about NSU or reply to emails from foreign students (Google Translate, ftw). My first trip is to Washington, DC (hey Justin & Erin, let's get together!)

I'm already good at some of the essential skills: packing light, navigating public transit, cities and small towns(thanks to my iPhone), enjoying travel, and being really good at small talk. Oh, and being American. I'm so good at that last one.

This guy wrote a great article about if you have what it takes to be an international recruiter. See if you think this job is perfect for me or what!

4 comments: