Cooking
Baking
Gardening
Canning
Sewing and Knitting
Cleaning
Child-rearing
The author is mad because she believes there's value in reclaiming these arts.
Here's what I've got to say.
Cooking. When Bryan and I first started living together, I pretended to be a great chef and I served him wild dinners like cinnamon sugar chicken, pineapple vegetables and skewered chicken that never fully cooked. In the four years since, I've learned how to cook any kind of meat on a grill, in a pan, in the oven and prepare vegetable and pasta sides to supplement. What's more: I can grocery shop without coming home with 3 bags of chocolate chips, several bags of Sun Chips or a box of fortune cookies.
Baking. Please, author, I bake. I don't bake often, but if it's someone's birthday, if the bananas are going bad or if my day was not so great. I even have a favorite bowl, spoon and dish to bake my goodies.
Gardening. Well, this is where the house-wife arts die in me. When we moved into this house, our owners had a garden going. I was able to enjoy tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers and cantelope from my backyard. And then within two months, I had killed it. Completely killed it. Welp, there you go.
Sewing and Knitting. I can sew a button. Other than that, I'll let the pros take care of my hems and my alterations. And as far as my hats and scarves, Gap has got it under control.
Canning. Please.
Child-rearing. I'm doing a fabulous job not having children, thus avoiding this art. I like to think that when the day comes that Bryan and I decide we're ready for little buggers, I will be a fantastic mother. Bryan has already decided that he wants to be a Tiger Mom.
Skills that the author may not have realized are House-Wife Arts that I excel at:
Grocery Shopping
Planning parties
Planning vacations
Bedroom activities
Paying bills
Wii Sports Resort
No comments:
Post a Comment