Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Baby girl!

I had a dream last night that Bryan and I had a baby girl. For a good part of the dream, I was so entranced by my baby, how tiny she was, how she looked like me and Bryan, how cute her little pink hat looked.

And then, I thought, wait a second...we weren't ready for a baby! We hadn't been trying for a baby, and I didn't remember being pregnant. That's when I knew it was a dream, but I wasn't totally awake yet, so I let myself enjoy holding a tiny newborn baby in my dream.

So many of my friends have had babies recently, and one of my favorite bloggersMarriage Confessions' Jennifer just had a baby girl named Gracie that she's been blogging about. I really enjoy watching babies from afar. Blogs and facebook let me do this pretty easily. All the cuteness of a baby without any diaper changing, baby-screaming or messes.

As some of my friends let me know that they are now trying for a baby, I am excited for them but even more sure that having a baby isn't the right thing for me and Bryan right now. We're young, and we have too many "things" that are more important. We like to travel, to take week long trips to see friends, perform comedy or be present at major events like weddings, babies, graduations. We like to stay up late dancing at bars or watching loud movies. We like to lounge around on weekends doing nothing but nap and watch tv. We can barely handle the household chores and the mess that just the two of us create. We just are too much like kids ourselves to have kids just yet.

That said, my dream baby was adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment