Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Grieve: Target

Oh, Target. I grew up shopping at Target. If we weren't buying groceries, we were buying at Target.

You can buy anything at Target! Cute stationary for friends far away. New kitchen gadgets like colanders and pretty measuring cups. Bedding that's always on sale. Helpful desk organizers. Big rubbermaid tubs. Adorable headbands and bows. Affordable bathing suits or hats or purses or jewelry.

Here, in my small town, I have no Target. My closest Target is an hour and a half away. I have a Wal-Mart. And don't you go saying it's the same. Because it's not! The place is always messy, there's never any cute linens or plates or organizers or mats or accessories. And my Wal-Mart is always packed full of people and these people love to shove gallon containers of Koolaid right on top of the nail polish. But, this is my shopping place. This is the place people drive from all the smaller small towns to my small town for the WalMart.

I miss you, Target. I miss your sales, your sweet seasonal products, your name-brand kitchen utensils, your fashionable, affordable clothes and accessories, your home goods, your decorative items and your shiny clean floors.

No comments:

Post a Comment