Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Flu


This morning, my doctor told me I have the flu. He prescribed me Tamiflu (expensive) and Azithromycin (not as expensive) and ordered me to take a week off of work. Also, he handed me a stack of masks to wear when I go to give the note to my boss and to the pharmacy.

I'm not supposed to kiss Bryan, and he recommends sleeping in separate beds. Thing is: we only have one bed. I'm washing the sheets and the comforter in hopes that we can create a wall between us to stop the germs, but we can still both enjoy our bed and play footsie. Flu never spread foot to foot!

I've never had the flu before, but boy, it is awful! I feel like dying, and my temperature ranges from 100 to 103. I have a mountain of tissues and unlimited refills of water. I also picked up two bags of jellybeans. I don't know that it helped. I'm already bored of television, and I've read all the items in my GoogleReader. If you have advice for how I'm to spend the next week quarantined in my house, please share.

Friends in town are dropping off soup, Gatorade and magazines on my doorstep and calling after they have driven away, so as not to catch my flu. It's sweet, but i feel like a monster. Nobody cn see me or touch me or come into my house. I want to die, every part of my head hurts: my neck, my head, my nose, my throat, my ears. I am ready for next Thursday already.

No comments:

Post a Comment