Monday, May 24, 2010

My husband the professor


My husband is a professor of economics. No, he can't help you with your taxes or help you pick stocks. He can, however, teach you a new way to look at the world. And he does, everyday, to college students.

He just got his reviews back from his spring semester, and like each semester, his ratings are above average. Here's some snipits from his student evaluations:
I think Dr. Buckley's enthusiasm was his greatest strength. I also think his modern applications were a huge strength. Applying the material is important to learning, and I think he did a great job of doing this.

Professor is interesting, funny, informative, current, and just a good natural teacher. Ursinus needs more professors like him. Great teacher, best teacher I've had since I came here.

i liked him alot as a teacher probably one of the best ive ever had. Was never bored in class because the stuff he taught is actually interesting and i paid attention because it actually made sense.

He made class interesting, and learning about interest rates is not always the most exciting thing.

Clearly loves his job, was always enthusiastic in class.

I have grown up around business because my father worked on the NYSE, but I never fully understood everything until this class. Sweet.

Professor Buckley clearly loves his subject.

He's able to explain complicated theories in easy words.

He was interesting. I would never take another business class, but maybe if he taught something else I might.

A few funny ones:
Very incite full for those that are interested in Econ.

He likes to teach, I think.

He didn't demand anything outlandish.

He's very serious, maybe he could crack a few more jokes. He is an improv comedian in his spare time after all.

2 comments: