
Today is my last day in the city of brotherly love. It's been an incredible year. I think better in lists, so let's review all the wonders of our time in Philly.
Bryan's first job. Working at Ursinus was awesome for Bryan: they respected him, gave him great classes and taught him how to be a part of a department at a college.
The N Crowd. We really love this group. We found people who care about each other, who can stay up all night talking with, who can party, who can play the ungame, who can attend festivals together, who can hang out Tuesday nights. It was certainly the highlight of our time in Philadelphia to be a part of such a talented group. We'll miss our weekly performances, the crowds, the laughs and our friends on the team.
Our first two bedroom place. It's a big deal to have a second bedroom. Even though we used it as a big closet/office, it was nice to be able to have separate space for when Bryan wanted to play Starcraft and I wanted to watch Top Chef. Also, the second bathroom was the bomb dot com. Oh, and the view. I am really going to miss that view!
The cheesesteaks. I loved cheesesteaks before I ever got here, but having tried the cheesesteaks of the gods straight from the grills of the gods, I can say that I will never eat a cheesesteak anywhere but Philadelphia. Once you've had the best, why eat mediocre?
Wegman's. I love this grocery store. It's got everything! And more! Meat in bulk. Dozens of kinds of freshly baked bread (that spinach Parmesan bread...) All sorts of fancy cheese. Coupon books delivered to your mailbox. My cashier Fran who knows me by products. Red Bull in bulk. How will I live without Wegman's?
Our friends. We'll miss our friends from Ursinus College, from the YMCA, from The N Crowd and from our apartment complex. Thank god for facebook.
It's been a great year. We'll never forget Philadelphia. This pint's for you, Philly.
No comments:
Post a Comment