Sunday, May 5, 2013

Preparing for family portraits

Today our little family of three is getting pictures taken. Not by the amazing Erin Scott (we wish!). Not by Target. Not by Walmart. Not by a friend.

By a local Oklahoma photographer. It has taken me nine months to find someone whose work looked awesome enough to hire. I mean, this photographer is competing against all the photos we have from DC's #1 photographer. They better be amazing.

Well, from what I've seen, they will be.

And as the mother, I've claimed this as my Mother's Day gift (to be an annual event). Which means I get to choose everyone's outfits. Commence the fun.

I have an awesome dress picked out for me and an awesome look for Bryan, but it's my baby that I'm having a hard time with. I want fancy casual. Is that jeans or colored shorts? Super cute toms or flip flops? Cardigan or blazer? Hat or no hat? I mean, I'm paralyzed by choice because he has so many cute clothes. (Clearly, a problem I've created for myself.)

Anyways, I'm excited and I can't wait to see how they turn out. He's napping now which means he should be in an awesome mood for pictures which means I am going to frame pictures of my almost one year old! Ah.

Posts to post soon:
9 month update
The shitstorm
My first big parenting fail...or how the Internet failed me
Debt free Buckleys
Living room makeover...or how my husband thinks I'm crazy









No comments:

Post a Comment