Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Naked Ladies on Christmas?

It's that wonderful holiday time of year. We pull out trees from closets, attics and dusty boxes, trees from nurseries, the woods or the creepy tree dealer in the Wawa parking lot. We find comfort from the cold weather inside with blankets, fireplaces and hot chocolate that burns the tip of your tongue. We hit the malls looking for presents for other people, only to come home with some goodies for yourself. And you consider which of your far away friends you like enough to mail a piece of paper wishing holiday cheer.

One of my favorite ways to get in the mood for the holidays is with Christmas music. I'm a huge fan of the classics, your Walkin' in a Winter Wonderland sort. This year, Bryan gifted me early a holiday album I'd never have picked up for myself.



The Barenaked Ladies: Barenaked for the Holidays
It's wonderful. It's got a classic feel with a fun, silly twist. I play it in the background in these freezing mornings, sipping my hot chocolate and looking out at our snowy backyard. And it feels like Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment