Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Blast From the Past

In my efforts to answer friend and fellow blogger Molly Buckley (no relation), I tried to answer her
QUESTION: Do you think that the battle that many women have had to face in comedy is similar to a battle women have had to face in business? Do you think the “male-dominated comedy business” and “male-dominated business-business” are changing? What progress have we made? Women in the United States STILL only make 78 cents to every man’s dollar for the same position and same work. I want to hear your thoughts.

In doing so, I remembered my senior project at Clemson where I explored comedy and the women in it. Part of my project included a short film in which I gave my friends and classmates two simple tasks: name 5 men in comedy and name 5 women in comedy. The results were more surprising than I'd anticipated. Here it is, two years later, and just as relevant:

No comments:

Post a Comment