As soon as Bryan's birthday comes around, it's that time. That wonderful, wonderful time of year. Holiday time! Fall vacation, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas shopping, Christmas, New Years! I love decorating for each holiday, and I love all the treats and parties that come along with them.This holiday time will be my first without the warm, Southern weather, without family in any sort of driving distance, without long time friends, without the comfort of familiar territory. But I am still really, really excited. This is our first year experiencing the holidays as a married couple. While it is sad to be away from family, we're very excited to be creating our own family traditions this year.

There are only 93 days until Christmas. I'm excited about a snowy Christmas. I'm excited about buying our first Christmas tree. I'm excited about decorating our home for Christmas. I'm excited about making Christmas cookies for all the ladies in my office. I'm excited about watching Christmas movies. I'm excited about using our fireplace for heat - and for hanging stockings! I'm excited about buying presents for all our family and friends. I'm excited about pies, mittens, fluffy socks, eggnog, hats, mistletoe, Christmas cards, Ursinus holiday parties, plane trips to visit family and most of all, I'm excited about Bryan's and my academic holiday vacation which is exactly the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment