
Recently, I switched from being a housewife to a real full-time job. The reasons were many, but it mostly boiled down to the fact that I was bored.
I was really happy in my job in North Carolina, but I am in love with this new job. It's fun to read the student applications. The admission ladies are so funny; one of them is obsessed with paperclips and another collects stickers. The hours match Bryan's. I'm thinking. I'm challenged. I'm watching students file and put stickers on folders - while I eavesdrop on the campus gossip. It's great.
But, I wish I had a housewife. The best thing about my being home often (with a few breaks for tutoring) was the awesome home I had. Everything was clean. The fridge was always full of wonderful, fresh food. Lunches were packed. Dinner was always executed an hour after Bryan got home. I even had time to pick out sweet gifts for friends and family birthdays. Now, my home is cluttered with papers, clothes and shoes. The laundry baskets are overflowing. Our suitcase is not yet unpacked. We really need groceries. And I bet the dinner pot and skillet are still dirty on the counter. Maybe I can convince Bryan that we need a housewife. Especially now that I'm banking. I'll be accepting applications on the down low. And you better be a fan of Laughing Cow cheese.
No comments:
Post a Comment