
It's pretty common for women to get pleasure out of shopping for new clothes. I'm right there with all the other women. I love new clothes, and I love the process of picking pieces, buying them and ripping off the tags.
But, hold the bus, I've come to love something even more: purging my closet. Purging means going through everything in the closet and deciding what you wear a lot, what you love and what hasn't been out of the house in six months. If it's still in good condition, it goes to Goodwill. If it's old or ugly, it gets trashed.
Yesterday, I purged. And my half of the closet looks wonderful. What's best about a purge is you can tell what you're missing from your wardrobe. For instance, I have four pairs of jeans that I just love. So I'm good on denim. But, I have only one pair of trousers. Not good. I also have several short sleeve work shirts, and only one long sleeve, button up shirt. Now, when we hit the stores today, I'll be best prepared to buy things that I need, not just what I crave.
No comments:
Post a Comment