Thursday, February 19, 2015

Day in our life: 2.5 year Bradley and 11 week Clark

Clark is now two months adorable. He's smiley and very relaxed. He finally has a reliable schedule and just this week started sleeping longer.

He wakes around 6:30-7:00am and so does Bradley. Clark has a small breakfast and is content to hang out while we all eat breakfast and play Legos.

He takes a short nap from 8:00-8:45 while I get ready to go, and when he wakes up, we pack up the car and head out for the day. We drive Bryan to work everyday and then usually go somewhere fun like the library or a friends house, or somewhere necessary like the grocery store or Target. Clark naps sometime in there for about 30-45 minutes.

We try to be home by 10;30-11 so we can play. Clark nurses then I make lunch and Clark hangs out doing tummy time. We eat lunch and watch an episode or two of Daniel Tiger or SuperWhy. Then, I rock Clark to sleep, swaddled and one arm out. When he's asleep, I play a little longer with Bradley and then get him ready for a nap.

Both boys are asleep by 12:30-1pm. I hurry to bed myself to try to catch some sleep. Usually, I can nap at least an hour, sometimes 2.5-3 hours. Bradley reliably sleeps 2.5-3 hours. Clark usually sleeps 3-4 hours but sometimes needs a pacifier replacement sometime in that time. It is lovely.

Bradley wakes around 3:30 and we play together in his room until Clark wakes up. I nurse Clark while Bradley reads books to us. After this, we all play on the floor together for an hour.

Then j set Bradley up with the iPad and some games while I put Clark in the moby to make dinner. Bryan gets home around 5:45-6pm. Bradley helps me set the table when dinner is ready and usually we have dinner coming to the table just as Bryan gets home (how 1950s). 

We eat dinner while Clark watches, and then when we are done, I nurse Clark and Bryan and Bradley clean up. Clark takes a short cat nap while we do bedtime routine with Bradley: bath, pajamas, brush teeth and read three books. Bradley is in bed by 6:30-6:45.

Clark wakes, nurse, swaddled and put him down. He sleeps for 5-6 hours and we got down to the bSement to watch tv, enjoy some adult beverages and hang out.

Clark wakes up around 1-2am, then 4-4:30, then 6:30-7am. I'm hoping to drop the 4am wake up soon, but I know he's still young. 

No comments:

Post a Comment