Thursday, February 26, 2015

Clark Arthur, twelve weeks

With Bradley, all his updates were on the month exactly. The second born? Well, I've got to write when I can. If it's not a two month update, it's an almost three month update but not quite so we can count by weeks. Hell, even this kid's doctor appointments have been off. It must be hard being second.

Bradley adores little Clark. He's always bringing him pacifiers and blankets. Bradley likes to tel Clark that he can't play with some toys because he's a baby. Bradley likes to ask Clark to say hello and tries to teach him to say I love you. Clark is tough and can handle all the big hugs and kisses Bradley gives him.

Clark is certainly a better baby in the last week. It's like he realized how to sleep and stay sleeping and everything was sunny. I didn't want to write about his sleep until he had a full week of consistency - otherwise it's a fluke. Hopefully I won't be jinxing his sleep to write about it, either. 

At 11 weeks, Clark started sleeping through the night. In the moment, eleven weeks feels like forever! Like too long to get here. But, typing it out, I know it's crazy early. I've become one of those mothers I hate reading about online because her baby sleeps so well so young. What. The. Heck.  And by sleeping through the night, I mean what sleep experts say: 6-8 hours. He will sleep anywhere from 6-8 hours, then 4-5 hours which if I'm lucky puts me at morning. If I'm unlucky, puts me at 6 and I either can put him down until 8 or just deal with a happy awake baby until Bradley gets up.

Clark is still super happy. He loves all the things Bradley hated: baths, changing diapers, changing clothes, tummy time, being in his car seat. He is always smiling. He even started laughing! It makes everything awesome to hear baby laughs.

Clark is wearing Bradley's 6-12 month clothes. He's a giant! I can't believe it. These are clothes Bradley wore when  he was 7 months, 10 months, a year old. It is so very bizarre.

He is nursing like a champ. He nurses in the morning when he wakes, at 9, at 12, at 4 and at bedtime 6:30pm, then again at 1-3am whenever he wakes. It is so much less than Bradley did. He also refuses to snack. And he won't fall asleep at the boob, prefers a pacifier. Very different than Bradley.

Clark can follow us around the room with his eyes. He can grab and hold toys for a few seconds. He has found his hands and loves to chew on them. 

We took him to see his first movie this weekend. We took Bradley right at three months, so maybe a week later than Clark. He did great! He was awake at the beginning, nursed, took a pacifier and fell asleep for the whole movie. It was awesome sitting as a family of four enjoying a day at the movies. Hopefully, there's more days like that ahead of us.

Overall, he's a way happier, more relaxed baby than I've ever had. He's fitting in nicely. 

Two month stats: 
Clark (2 month, 1 week adjusted percentiles)
Head is 16 inches (82%)
weight is 13 lbs 3 oz (60%) 
height is a whopping 25 inches (98%)

Bradley (2 month exactly)
Head is 16 inches (90%)
Weight, 13 lbs 1 oz (70%)
Height 23 inches (70%)

No comments:

Post a Comment