Saturday, July 20, 2013

Quiet Saturdays

I'm rocking my sweet baby to sleep when the song I walked down the aisle to The Luckiest came on.

Commence tears.

I am holding my sweet baby, as he twirls my hair and rests his fat cheek on the crook of my elbow. I am humming my improvised lullaby and watching him slowly drift to sleep. It's precious. These are my favorite parts of the weekend. These moments remind me of when he was an infant, always rocking him to sleep. I am soaking these memories up.

We went to the farmers market this morning to get bread, fruit and veggies. After this nap, little Bradley will get his first professional haircut. After that, well do his one year portraits. This is surreal. 

Sad note: our family is upset at the recent news for Bryan's mother. We cling to the hope of a new treatment, of that new treatment being as successful as the last three. We have included them in our summer beach vacation. Bryan is worried that this may be the last time he sees his mother. I promised him last night that it won't be. Sweet mercy, please let this trip be wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment