Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Back to work and New Years Resolutions

After a day back to work, I couldn't help myself: I "made" Bryan order a greasy pizza from the Italian restaurant next to our house and while he was gone, I inhaled a Hershey's bar.

Ooof.

I guess I might be a stress eater.

Don't worry. My New Years resolution isn't about losing weight or eating healthy or running or any of that fitness shizz.

My New Years resolutions:
1.) Be Present: my phone no longer is attached to me. No checking email or Facebook during dinner, watching tv or whatever. Hang out in the moment, no distractions. Don't worry about tomorrow or yesterday or three years from now. Focus on the right now.

2.) Cherish the family I have right now. The baby in my arms, the young husband holding my hand, the sisters before they are mothers or too cool for me, the parents (all four of them), and the trips we have with all of them. I especially want to soak up my little family of three before Bradley grows up to a toddler. I want to cherish his baby-hood.

3.) Be Calm: I'm mostly happy, but often I can be reactionary. As in, we are out of butter. HOLY SHIT THERE'S NO BUTTER! I AM GOING TO SCRAP ALL DINNER PLANS AND SULK UNTIL BRYAN OFFERS TO RUN TO SUBWAY. Relax. Be okay. It's all good. I'm healthy, safe and okay. Chiiiiiiiiill.





No comments:

Post a Comment