Needless to say, I am starting this year out happy! (Not going to lie: i can't wait to see him again and hope he comes running over saying mama!)
This year is a blank slate for us: new city, new job for Bryan, new job for me (Manager of the house/family), no new baby/no pregnancy, new school.
We talked so much over the last 24 hours about this new year, and we are ao excited about the potential for change and new aspirations. Bryan wants to excel at his job, network with colleagues and be more attentive to email. I want to set up budget, organize our calendar, find friends, find a babysitter, find doctor/dentist/gym/haircutter/pediatrician, and teach Bradley new things.
And so, like millions of Americans, I have compiled a list of resolutions for 2014:
1) read 52 books, or a book a week
2) practice patience (in commutes, in conversation, in parenting, in my marriage, with weight loss, etc)
3) live in the present (stop planning so much, enjoy the now.)
I am excited for this new year! It feels so fresh, so different and (I'll say it) so NOT Oklahoma.

No comments:
Post a Comment