I can because Bryan came up early. He drove up Tuesday night and within the last 36 hours, we have unpacked everything, hung up all our pictures, and cleaned up. The house is done!!!*
We are home. We've had our friends Isaac and Julia over twice for meals. Last night, I made a salad, homemade spaghetti sauce and homemade garlic bread with craft beer and two kinda of wine. We ate on real plates. Drank wine from glasses. Sat at a table with a tablecloth with pretty salt and pepper on it. It was home.
Today, I went shopping with Julia and we took the kids. Half great, half nightmare. Toddlers are wildly unpredictable and so very quick to change moods. Multiply by two (how and why do people have more than one kid?!?)
Bryan was so sweet and hung up all our pictures, decorations and art. He was not too pleased with my precise directions, but it looks great and it's over! It's up. It's done!
And now I can relax and fold laundry and enjoy my movie (and perhaps some pie). I'm home. We're home. This is home.
Note: pictures when I clear space on my phone!
*except curtains. We need to buy some rods and double check the length from our last place.



No comments:
Post a Comment