So much has happened.
My boss, the Executive Director, has resigned. I can't share too many details except that it happened and I feel more comfortable in the workplace.
On the same note, I've been assigned all his duties in his absence.
So I had my first serious adult negotiation. All I could think as he was considering my offer was, Geez, I need a manicure.
My new coworker is awesome, and we get along really well.
As far as students, so far this semester I've had to:
-retrain four new students
-tell one student he couldn't graduate
-help a group of students with a meal/housing solution to fit their religion
-help another student with her bill due to economic hardship
-promote one student to intern
-get a graduate assistantship for the office
-explain the situation regarding my boss as politically correctly as possible with the least details
-help students with visas for their Caribbean cruise
-listen to a student say that his test was so hard that he wanted to die
-explain what macaroni and cheese is at the holidy party
Needless to say, I'm exhausted. And so ready for break. Even though my break will be full of visiting as much family as possible.
Lord, please give me peace. I freaking need it.
No comments:
Post a Comment