Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Improv Makes Me Happy

This week is the busiest week of the fall so far. My September and October are both incredibly full. I am not sure how I will survive. #JillianMichaelsworkoutsandDrPepper

Last night, the NSU comedy team had auditions. Last year, 11 people came and Bryan and I cast them all. This year, we had 19 come. The talent was suprising. It reminded me of MTS - not MTS of the early years (I wasn't there), but when I auditioned. Lots of guys, only three girls. We called back 11, and we'll see the talent on Thursday.


Tonight is my only night alone with Bryan this week. You can bet we'll be up in the gym, then making Bryan's spicy tortellini, then doing what we do best: watching tv and talking about comedy.

Tomorrow, callbacks will happen. It will be really tough to choose just 5-6 of the 11, but I know that whoever the team chooses, it will be a great cast. I'm happy with all of the ones we called back. I could've cast all of them.

Friday is the NSU comedy team's first show. The five all stars will be performing with Bryan hosting. Then at the late night show, I'm debuting a new team with two guys called Macaroni. Clearly, we're children improvisers.

Saturday night, Bryan and I are hosting and headlining the 8pm show in OKC at the Ghostlight Theatre. We're doing our short form show again (because Tahlequah was a weird audience) for a real improv audience. Also, I hope to get someone who can actually record the show (because people in Tahlequah can't, apparently).

Sunday, we're hosting the newbies and the allstars at our house for dinner, bonding and website pictures.


It's gonna be a hilarious week, and my heart is happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment