Tuesday, July 13, 2010

List of Lessons Learned From a Month on the Road

-You can never pack too many pairs of underwear.
-Contradancing is like anything else; practice makes perfect.
-Drinking and eating out will make you gain weight. Just accept it.
-There's nothing more wonderful than visiting old friends and making the same old jokes.
-Gas is way cheaper than a plane ticket.
-95% of my and Bryan's friends were/are improvisers.
-Toilet paper can be rolled over or under.
-Make no leg of a road trip longer than five hours, and you'll be happy.
-You can never have too many mix cds.
-Eat the food that a region is known for; it doesn't get better than that.
-Plan to get very little sleep. Late night conversations/debates/jokes/dancing are the
gluesticks of friendship.
-Don't say goodbye. Say see you later. And mean it.

After having spent more than a month on the road, I can say both that I'm glad it is over and that I wish I was still visiting friends. It was the best summer I've ever had, and I would highly, highly, highly recommend you take the time to map out your own road trip to see your friends. They probably miss you, and I bet you'll have an amazing trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment